University of Colorado-Boulder
Video Intern will be responsible for shooting, editing and creating video content for various communication channels. They will also assist with preparing and publishing editorial copy to the website. This position is 90% video editing and 10% other duties as assigned by Marketing Manager. This is a seasonal position from summer through fall of 2018; we will re-evaluate our needs before spring semester.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Film Production, Strategic Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, News Editorial or a directly related field.
- Proficient with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro/Final Cut Pro, After Effects) and experience with video production.
- Experience with a Content Management System (Drupal, Web Express, Word Press, Square Space, etc.)
- Ability to creatively capture the office/university brand personality through video and convey messages effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience shooting, editing and producing video content using video editing platforms. Ability to work within pre-determined brand standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Able to vary writing style to communicate with a range of target audiences. Comfortable with public speaking to university staff/faculty. Familiarity with AP Style and best practices for writing web content.
- Experience creating various content and publishing to a range of platforms according to a schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of WebExpress/Drupal platform for web site maintenance.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently or in a team environment. Ability to follow-through on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with project coordination, timelines and ensuring on-time deliverables.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Candidate must be available for at least 15 hours per week, although scheduling is flexible between the hours of 8 am – 5 pm Attendance at various events between the hours of 4 pm and 8 pm might be required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, May 11.
Portfolio submission is a requirement to be considered for this internship. Please send video samples to Katherine.Lehman@colorado.edu.