Communications and Development Intern - mpowered (CU PIIE)
This internship is part of the CU Public Interest Internship Experience (PIIE). Please visit our website for qualifications, descriptions, and information on how to apply to this and other internships.
Application deadline EXTENDED to Friday, February 7, 2020 at NOON.
Communications and Development Intern
mpowered, a Colorado-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, seeks a qualified intern to provide marketing, outreach, development and administrative support to help mpowered maximize impact and reach organizational goals. The intern will gain broad experience in various aspects of nonprofit development, marketing and general nonprofit operations.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Represent mpowered in the community; attend marketing and outreach events
• Assist with planning fundraising campaigns and special events
• Curate content for website, social media, and newsletters
• Manage donor and partner profiles in Kindful; manage grant and contract files
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Development Associate
• Assist with communications and marketing tasks as needed
mpowered is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student (or recent graduate) who wants to acquire communications, marketing and development experience working for a nationally-recognized nonprofit organization.
- The ideal candidate enjoys managing projects, organizing data, coordinating people, and attending to details in a collaborative team environment.
- This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and proven organizational skills.
- Preference given to those who have experience working in social media, website design, marketing, messaging, communications and/or graphic design.
Employees successful within mpowered culture are highly self-motivated, business-minded, entrepreneurial, able to multitask, flexible, and collaborative. All of our team members – regardless of their positions – help us to achieve our mission of empowering people to transform their financial futures. Learn more at www.mpoweredcolorado.org.
Do not apply through Handshake or to the host organization directly.
Please apply to the CU PIIE program here: APPLICATION