Development Intern - Dental Lifeline Network (CU PIIE)
This internship is part of the CU Public Interest Internship Experience (PIIE). Please visit our website for qualifications, descriptions, and information on how to apply to this and other internships.
Application deadline EXTENDED to Friday, February 7, 2020 at NOON.
Dental Lifeline Network
The Grants Research Assistant will work closely with the Vice President of Development and team of Grant Writers at Dental Lifeline Network on foundation and association proposals. This is an opportunity to be mentored by talented grant writers and to participate in actual grant proposals. This intern will also gain valuable experience working with the VP of Development on grant research to support the mission of Dental Lifeline Network.
· Under the guidance of one of DLN's Grant Writer, writing and submitting one grant proposal at the end of the internship.
· Using online tolls provided by DLN to research new foundation prospects in high-priority states.
· Work with VP of Development to proof read selected grant proposals before they are submitted.
· Work with VP of Development to plan and implement a fundraising dinner at the ADA Meeting in Fall 2020.
· Provide assistance to development team on Lifeline Heroes Challenge campaign, annual appeals and other development activities as directed.
• Current junior or senior interested in non-profit management, event management and/or fundraising
• Able to work 10-15 hours per week — times are flexible
• Problem solver that loves to learn new things
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Proven time management abilities
• Dependable work ethic
• Willingness to work hard and have fun too
Do not apply through Handshake or to the host organization directly.
Please apply to the CU PIIE program here: APPLICATION