Digital Communication Intern - City of Boulder (CU PIIE)
This internship is part of the CU Public Interest Internship Experience (PIIE). Please visit our website for qualifications, descriptions, and information on how to apply to this and other internships.
Application deadline EXTENDED to Friday, February 7, 2020 at NOON.
Digital Communication Intern
City of Boulder
The City of Boulder’s Department of Communication is seeking a motivated and versatile intern to assist with web content and all forms of digital communication. The City of Boulder has been recognized nationally for its innovative use of social media and the web to serve residents. This is an exciting opportunity to build your portfolio and gain experience with a government that leverages both new and traditional communication platforms to engage its community.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Assisting with writing, editing and developing content for the city’s public website.
• Assisting with the city's website redesign project, including development of supporting content.
• Updating existing pages and working collaboratively with departments to redesign pages and build new pages.
• Working with departments across the city to provide web content support and leverage the city website to give residents information they want and need.
• Assisting with user testing and efforts to use public input to improve pages on the city website.
• Assisting with the creation of social media content by helping populate the city’s social media content calendar. This includes identifying timely, seasonal and evergreen social media content, as well as planning content around future events and needs.
• Creating or identifying supporting text, graphics, photos or videos for social media posts.
• Working with departments across the city to provide social media support and identify opportunities to leverage the unique strengths of various social networks to give residents information they want and need.
• Assisting with efforts to overhaul the city’s web manager team and web content strategy.
• Helping track data to document web traffic and progress toward city goals.
• Other duties as assigned
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
• Acute attention to detail and organization.
• Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to engage a variety of stakeholders and speak and listen to diverse viewpoints.
• An independent, proactive attitude and ability to work well alone or as part of a team.
• Pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, visual communication, web design, graphic design or related field.
• Experience with web content management systems and/or HTML.
• Experience with photography, videography and/or graphic design.
Do not apply through Handshake or to the host organization directly.
Please apply to the CU PIIE program here: APPLICATION