2018 Investment Banking Summer Internship - Data Resource Group
1. Register with your school’s Career Center in order to drop your resume
2. Complete the Goldman Sachs online application at www.goldmansachs.com/careers.
GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) provides broad-based, global service with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, and equity, debt and high-yield financings. Investment Banking encompasses two areas: Industry Coverage Investment Banking and the Financing Group. This dual structure enables the firm to offer the broadest range of products and advisory services, furthering its ability to deliver best-in-class solutions to clients.
Industry Coverage Investment Banking provides expertise across products, industries and regions. The firm’s team-driven approach to client service enables bankers to play an important role in building relationships and executing transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity / equity-linked and debt financings, joint ventures, restructurings and financial investments. Summer analysts aligned to industry groups will have a wide range of responsibilities, including financial analysis and modeling, preparation of presentation materials and company and industry research in support of live transactions and client relationships.
The Financing Group originates and executes all financing initiatives within Goldman Sachs. Within a dynamic, market-driven environment, teams work closely with corporate clients, pension funds, financial sponsors and governments to structure and execute some of the largest and most complex financing and risk management transactions. The goal is to provide clients with the best and most innovative financing and risk management solutions across the full product spectrum, including equity, debt and derivatives. To achieve this goal, the Financing Group comprises all of Goldman Sachs' capital markets departments, and works closely with other areas of Investment Banking and other divisions within the firm, including the Securities Division.
Data Resources Group
The Data Resources Group (DRG) supports the global Investment Banking Division (IBD) of Goldman Sachs with financial, market and transaction data inputs. DRG’s responsibilities broadly involve receiving data requests from bankers and providing responses based on information from proprietary and third party databases. The function includes interpreting the request, understanding the deadline, identifying the database best suited for the job, retrieving the data, reviewing the data for any apparent anomalies and charting or presenting the data in agreed formats.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Liaise with IBD teams to ensure an exact understanding of requirements and provide concise and focused data via databases including Datastream, SDC, Dealogic, CapIQ, etc.
· Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and adhere to quality standards
· Develop and maintain relationships with IBD Analysts and Associates across regions
· Understand and explain copyright and data usage issues as required in partnership with Compliance and Banking Technology
· Outstanding academic record (recommended course work in finance and accounting)
· Strong quantitative and technical abilities
· Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
· Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Keen, interest in investment banking
· Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills· Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities ����Y?